My starlet's progress thread!

I pm'd Geo earlier and asked if it was cool to do this, so he deleted my other thread to make way :D

Okkkkk well my car is gonna change a fair bit over the summer and into next year so thought i'd start a progress thread. Some of the pics are taken by me, and the more recent from my mate Parker who is pretty sh1t hot with a camera!

Might aswell start from the beginning eh...

Take one digusting micra: eh sorry starlet

107-0773_IMG.jpg

Add the wheels you had lying in your room and remove bump strips

107-0784_IMG.jpg

Tidy up a bit with clear indicators and side reps. Get stainless exhaust fitted, make a grille and lower a bit

starlet2.jpg

starlet4.jpg

Rake the scrappies and add a splitter to front and lower some more. Fit turbo seats

pic6.jpg

FMpic.jpg

Rape my car of interior

P2260012.jpg

Buy some proper suspension!

d2shocks.jpg

P7030047.jpg

Dump the coilovers to looow, new number plates, wind deflectors, raid the scrappies for a splitter for back and get parker to take some good pictures!!!!

P7030017.jpg

P7030036.jpg

P7030042.jpg

(Stiff enough for you??? :D )

P7030056.jpg

P7030034.jpg

P7030038.jpg

Okk enough pics 8o I tried to keep to minimum but when Parker insists on taking 60 pics it hard to resist B)

Next on the to-do list:

Paint!

New back lights

+ other goodies...

I'm still not sure on rear splitter, whats folks opinions??

All comments welcome even if you think its sh1te B)8)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it looks sweet mate. front grill looks cool and so does the ride height. how much did your wind deflectors set you back cuz ive seen em for 50 quid on ebay and thinking of buying some. is this a reasonable price?

i think it looks sweet mate. front grill looks cool and so does the ride height. how much did your wind deflectors set you back cuz ive seen em for 50 quid on ebay and thinking of buying some. is this a reasonable price?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mate. Yeah thats reasonable, thats what i paid :D

I paid £30 these are exactly what I got, 3door and out year, he also does them for 5door and other years, dark but see-through see my car thread/wind deflectors fitted for a peak

The rear splitter would be better colour coded, also what's it off? I had been woundering about a Glanza rear bumper for mine as I wanted it lower, but not one of those meshed up bodykits, that rear splitter would avoid me trying to look like a Glanza wanna-be :D

I like it B)

The car does look nice

Cheers guys.The rear splitter is from a seat ibiza. :D

The wheels are Enkies mate. Came as standard on some mazda's but the dealers removed them when they came into country and flogged them off .

Guest Enzo

hear thats minted..

i like the photo of the wheel cocked up in the air!

i love the splitter on the back too, was a wee surprise as ive never seen one on a 91 yet and it looks good :D

your car is lush mate, but you probably know that already B)

ps i think a set of carat lights would work well with that splittter maybe?

hear thats minted..

i like the photo of the wheel cocked up in the air!

i love the splitter on the back too, was a wee surprise as ive never seen one on a 91 yet and it looks good :D

your car is lush mate, but you probably know that already B)

ps i think a set of carat lights would work well with that splittter maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks alot geo mate. I'm sure I was one of first to appear with front splitter too. I remember getting harrassed about it! ha ha

Not to keen on the carat lights. It will have some reflet lights on it shortly though, think they will work well. Nice and simple looking B)

Hey Wylo mate!

Loving your thread here, nice and refreshing and its great to see all of the progress you've made in the pics. I should really tidy up my thread too lol!

Its great to see everyones EPs progressing and in different directions!

Car looks great mate!

Look forward to future updates!

Keep Up the Good Work!

Peace Out

Joz

Hey Wylo mate!

Loving your thread here, nice and refreshing and its great to see all of the progress you've made in the pics.  I should really tidy up my thread too lol!

Its great to see everyones EPs progressing and in different directions!

Car looks great mate!

Look forward to future updates!

Keep Up the Good Work!

Peace Out

Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Joz. Good to see your car is sucking concrete recently :D

Yes mate looking awesomely on da floor!!!!

to be honest honets it needs a decent exhaust system, nice n Jap, i quite like the rear splitter

Cant w8 to see what else you have planned for it

Keep up the good work :D

Sparky

Yes mate looking awesomely on da floor!!!!

to be honest honets it needs a decent exhaust system, nice n Jap, i quite like the rear splitter

Cant w8 to see what else you have planned for it

Keep up the good work  :D

Sparky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers.

About the exhaust, funny you should say that because in my opinion the exhausts on your car are shocking! Obviously just different tastes!

But yeah, your right. I've looked into a nice jap one with a mad angle on it, (i want shelleys exhaust B) ) but right now i'd like to get more important thing done like respray etc.

:D

Also, cheers Glanza Ragger. good to get some respect from the turbo boys aswell B)

Cheers.

About the exhaust, funny you should say that because in my opinion the exhausts on your car are shocking! Obviously just different tastes!

But yeah, your right. I've looked into a nice jap one with a mad angle on it, (i want shelleys exhaust  :) ) but right now i'd like to get more important thing done like respray etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not so much different tastes mate as i have been looking into an angled Jap can for a while :p:p:p

Cheers guys. Yeah nanglebadger, everyones car would look the same if our tastes were all the same. Got to be individual :p

Sparky, in my opinion your car would be 10000X better with a nice jap exhaust. Obviously you have more important things to sort first like your front end at the moment, but keep that thought for the future PLEASE! :)

Sparky, in my opinion your car would be 10000X better with a nice jap exhaust. Obviously you have more important things to sort first like your front end at the moment, but keep that thought for the future PLEASE!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive got more importnat things atm, like new car :p